- Start seated in dandasana (staff pose) with your legs strong and your chest lifted.
- Bend your right knee and place your heel near your right sitting bone.
- Grab the sole of your right foot with both hands. Keep your leg bent and lift your foot so that your shin is parallel to the floor. Keep the knee drawn into the chest. Push your foot into your hands and your hands into your foot, to create and maintain muscle energy.
- Keep a hold of your foot with both hands and widen your right knee to the right and draw your knee back behind your armpit. Reach your chest forward as you draw your knee back. Maintain strong legs and even though you are widening your right knee to the right, squeeze the leg into the midline.
- Keep a hold of your foot with your left hand, and free up your right. Take your right hand under your calf muscle and hook your right leg over your right shoulder. Give this several attempts to help get the leg as high up your arm as you can.
- Place both of your hands on the floor slightly in front of your hips. Squeeze your legs strong towards the midline.
- Press your hands down and claw the floor. Draw your shoulders on your back. Pull your hips back and lift your legs up off the floor. The more you squeeze your legs towards one another, the lighter you will feel.